Easy and healthy homemade Glorious Granola bar recipe
January and the new year is a time for many to think about getting into shape with renewed dedication to their cause. Whilst exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle, it’s impossible to see any results in fitness without ensuring proper care in your diet also. A healthy gut leads to a healthy mind as they say!
So in order to get yourself in shape – body, mind and soul that is – why not try our glorious granola recipe and make your very own homemade and healthy breakfast bars. Wait, did we say just breakfast? Don’t stop there! These granola bars make for the perfect snack throughout the day also. Reach past that three o’clock chocolate bar and choose the healthy option instead.
One of the main benefits of choosing a homemade option also is you get to know exactly the ingredients that go into it – and adapt the recipe to your own taste! If you’re looking for an even more healthy option you can reduce the amount of peanut butter and honey or maple syrup included in the recipe. Equally, if you have a preference for sunflower seeds feel free to add them into the mixture! Or change up purely almonds for a trail mix of nuts.
- 1 cup of raisins or dates
- ¼ cup of honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup of peanut butter (the creamy salted kind)
- 1 cup of roasted almonds
- 1 ½ cup oats
- Blend the raisins or dates in a food processor before adding to a large bowl with the oats and almonds.
- Stir in honey or maple syrup and peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a baking dish and ensure to press down with a rolling pin or tumbler glass.
- Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to firm up after covering with plastic wrap.
- Remove the firm bars and chop into your chosen portion size ready for serving or storing.